The built-in flash memory enables data collection if no GSM signal is detected to communicate data on a vehicle route. The SIM card tray on the outside enables the user to replace the SIM card without assistance and additional operations with the device. Such hassle-free replacement of the SIM card provides flexibility in selecting an ideal mobile plan for a region.
To ensure more reliable control of a vehicle movement, iON Connect can be connected to an external GPS antenna providing more stable signal from the GLONASS or GPS satellites. In addition, if the GPS external antenna fails to operate or is disabled, the device automatically switches to the built-in antenna operation. If the device fails to receive signals from the positioning systems, it can determine the position using the LBS technology (identifying location via the GSM base stations). iON Connect is fitted with the indicator displaying when it is plugged or unplugged from the connector.
- GPS/GLONASS/ LBS-based positioning
- Easy installation in the OBD-II slot
- Powered by the onboard network of the vehicle
- Remote firmware updating
- Compact casing
- Instant installation
- External SIM change – no need for opening the case of the device
- No unnecessary wiring, antennas and easy access to USB socket for configuration
- Fast and accurate positioning with U-blox™ M8 chip with A-GPS technology
- Works on small vehicles (12V) as well as on heavy duty vehicles (24V)
- Can be secretly installed
- Built-in battery
- An external GPS/GLONASS antenna can be connected
- Advanced power saving modes